Counselling and Psychotherapy
Given the increasing complexities and challenges of our contemporary life, Psychotherapy & Counselling can be a skilful means for developing and bringing clarity, perspective, and understanding to the issues and concerns of our life. The Fountain Centre offer counselling services in Balgowlah, Manly and Sydney’s Northern Beaches.
Issues pertaining to our health, while dealt with in isolation through the mainstream medical approach, do affect the whole of the person, mentally, physically, emotionally. Health issues can also impact on all areas of our life; personal, family life, professional and social life. Because of this it can be most beneficial to seek out professional help through counselling, to develop clarity, perspective, and skills in working with such issues and concerns.
Psychotherapy & Counselling also aims to bring greater understanding and insight to the dynamics of our mental, emotional, and physical well being, while creating more balance, harmony, joy, and meaning in our life.
It is appreciated that it can be most helpful to seek out counselling, to gain greater self awareness and clarity around life issues before they become overwhelming problems, using a ‘checking – in’ or ‘check – up approach’ for looking after ourselves.
Psychotherapy & Counselling sessions in Balgowlah, Manly and the Northern Beaches could include:
- Developing clarity, objectivity, and perspective on current life issues / situations
- Talking through and debriefing from stressful life situations
- Developing strategies, techniques, and wise ways of working with stress
- Personal and professional performance issues / enhancement
- Working with anxiety and panic attacks
- Dealing with depression
- Understanding and working with emotions, our own and others; anger management
- Working through grief and loss issues
- Issues relating to self ‘ esteem, shame and guilt
- Developing communication skills
- Relationship issues
- Healing our relationship to the past
- Developing meaning and motivation in our life